Changes to mileage exemption for Excess Baggage on International Flights to destinations other than the U.S.
There will be changes to mileage exemption for excess baggage on international flights to destinations other than the U.S. effective as of May 1, 2018.
1. Mileage exemption for excess baggage on routes to destinations other than the U.S.
[New standards] Starting from May 1, 2018
|Region*|| Exempted miles
|Overweight baggage*||Oversized baggage*|
|24~28 kg||29~32 kg||33~45 kg||159~203 cm|
|Zone1||6,000 miles||2,500 miles||4,000 miles||8,000 miles||8,000 miles|
|Zone2||8,000 miles||3,000 miles||5,000 miles||10,000 miles||10,000 miles|
|Zone3||11,000 miles||5,000 miles||8,000 miles||16,000 miles||16,000 miles|
|Zone4||14,000 miles||8,000 miles||10,000 miles||20,000 miles||20,000 miles|
* The Americas (including Saipan) There will be no changes to mileage exemption for excess baggage.
- * Zones for additional baggage
- Zone 1: Short-distant routes with a flight time of 1.5 hours or less from Korea
· Japan routes: Fukuoka
· China routes: Weihai, Tantai, Dalian, Qingdao - Zone 2 : Korea–Japan/China/Northeast Asia excluding Zone 1
- Zone 3 : Southeast Asia (including Hong Kong)/Southwest Asia
- Zone 4 : Europe/Oceania
- * Charges applied for the total weight per bag regardless of any extra weight for its allowance.
- * Size: Total outer dimensions (length+width+height) of the baggage